Today, medicine has a large number of drugs to combat parasites, both specific and broad spectrum of action. How to understand the variety of helminth remedies and choose the most suitable one? It is obvious that the selection of such drugs requires an individual approach, taking into account the characteristics of the organism, the course of helminthiasis and concomitant diseases. A doctor's consultation and basic information about drugs will help to make the right choice and purchase the most acceptable remedies for parasites in the body.
Symptoms of parasitic invasion
Sometimes you can hear from people and such an opinion - why remove parasites, if they are increasingly used in weight loss programs. But such programs do not have a scientific basis and are more often than not ordinary quackery.
In nature there is no organism that would benefit from the parasitic activity of the worms inside it. Sooner or later, this activity leads to the destruction of internal organs and the death of the organism itself, which feeds the parasite. Therefore, our natural aversion to any parasites in the human body fully reflects the true state of affairs - they are harmful and dangerous for us.
How do helminthiases manifest themselves? The specific symptomatology depends on the type of parasites that have settled in the body, but there are also common symptoms characteristic of most helminthiases:
- Anemia- most of the worms localized in the intestine lead to a violation of the blood composition, in particular, to iron deficiency and other types of anemia.
- Stagnation in the bile ducts(cholestasis), constipation is also often a consequence of deterioration of peristalsis and obstruction of the bile ducts caused by parasitic invasion.
- CFS- a condition called chronic fatigue syndrome, accompanied by emotional instability, loss of concentration, memory impairment, jumps in body temperature and constant general weakness, can also be a signal to clear the body of parasites.
- Irritability, sleep disturbanceswith frequent nocturnal awakenings are caused by the body's attempts to free itself from parasites and worms.
- Fluctuations in body weight(both in the direction of increasing weight and decreasing) can be explained by impaired digestion, a decrease in blood sugar levels, causing hunger and forcing a person to transfer and gain weight, or vice versa, to lose weight - due to the presence of an "internal consumer". This fact debunks the myth about the benefits that can allegedly be obtained from worms in humans.
- Skin problemsmay be a consequence of the toxic activity of opisthorchus, fungi, lamblia and other protozoan parasites. Most often they are expressed by urticaria, atopic dermatitis, eczema.
- Allergic reactionscauses indigestion, leading to activation of the body's immune response, an increase in the level of eosinophils in the blood.
- Epigastric discomfort and impaired stool(diarrhea) are quite often clear signs of the presence of worms in the body.
- Joint and muscle painmay occur as a result of the migration of parasites in the body in search of a more favorable environment for them.
One of the signs of helminthiasis characteristic of children are mental retardation and inhibition of speech abilities.
If you notice several of these signs in yourself or your loved ones, you need to see a doctor and get tested.
Traditional methods of treatment
Natural remedies from the arsenal of folk methods for treating helminthiasis, despite their seeming harmlessness, require caution and prudence in their use.
- Firstly, some plants are poisonous and their overdose can lead to severe intoxication and side effects.
- Secondly, not all herbal formulations are equally suitable for adults and children.
- It is rarely possible to finally cure helminthiasis only with the help of folk methods.
Nevertheless, in combination with basic remedies for all kinds of parasites in the human body, folk recipes will help speed up the healing process.
"Membranes" of walnuts
Biologically active substances contained in walnuts contribute to the normalization of metabolic processes, the work of the thyroid gland and the gastrointestinal tract. To prepare the infusion, you need to grind the pericarp (membranes) of walnuts and add a tablespoon of raw materials to boiling 200 ml of water. Drink the settled and strained infusion 1/2 cup on an empty stomach.
A good, and most importantly, inexpensive and affordable remedy for parasites is green-skinned pumpkin seeds. This is a special variety, the seeds of such a pumpkin are not covered with a hard shell. How to treat helminthiasis with this remedy? The seeds must be pre-dried in the oven (do not fry! ) To make them easier to chew, and eat a handful of seeds every morning on an empty stomach, chewing thoroughly. The duration of treatment is about 2 weeks. This remedy is great for children. For a small child, you can grind the seeds in a meat grinder.
You can treat tape and roundworms with pomegranate peels. Cut the skin from 1 pomegranate, grind and pour 750 ml of boiling water, insist and drink the entire infusion in 3 divided doses within 1. 5 hours. You need to take the remedy on an empty stomach, and after 4 hours, drink any laxative.
This is perhaps the cheapest and most effective remedy from the people's pharmacy for cleansing the body of such parasites as tapeworms, giardia and roundworms. In addition, wormwood has been known for its astringent properties since ancient times. To prepare the broth, a tablespoon of chopped wormwood herb should be brewed with 200 ml of boiling water, boiled for 2-3 minutes and allowed to settle. Drink the strained broth 1 tablespoon before meals.
Infusion of tansy perfectly copes with intestinal parasites, and in addition, it helps to increase the secretion of the digestive glands and the production of bile. A tablespoon of flowers should be brewed with 200 ml of boiling water and allowed to stand for 1 hour. The filtered infusion should be drunk 1 tablespoon before meals.
In addition to the above recipes, it is recommended to include cloves, dandelion roots and foliage, burdock, nettle, garlic, onions more often in food.
Popular Pharmacy Products
The main criteria according to which medicines for parasites are selected are:
- a kind of worms;
- patient's age and weight;
- general condition of the affected organism.
Most of the pharmacy drugs are contraindicated during pregnancy, lactation, during a viral or infectious disease, in early childhood.
From roundworms, pinworms and lamblia
There are about 10 different remedies for these types of helminths. The most suitable will be recommended by a specialist.
Roundworms and hookworms
Pinworms, whipworms, toxocara and roundworm are most often treated with chewable tablets. You can also use a special suspension.
For flukes and flatworms
This variety includes liver flukes, pulmonary flukes, feline flukes, and Chinese fluke. Extraintestinal and intestinal forms are treated with different drugs.
Let us remind you once again that only the correct selection of a drug guarantees its effectiveness. Therefore, if you want to find the best remedy for parasites, you need to see a doctor, get tested and follow medical recommendations.