The most ancient parasites of mankind, perfectly settled in the body, are worms. Symptoms of parasites in the human body do not always appear at the initial stage of infection. Sometimes they are similar to the clinical manifestations of other diseases. These are important factors that every adult should remember.
It's hard to imagine where they come from when parasites appear in the human body, and how easily they adapt in human bodies. The simplest are found on the hands, on the skin and inside the organs. Each of them chooses that part of the body for their vital activity, where the conditions are most favorable. Parasitic organisms are present in both the adult and the child. And the reasons for their appearance are varied.
Types of classification
Over the years of development of microorganisms, their structure has been simplified, fixing and genital organs, internal respiration have been formed. Thanks to this, they can live and develop without oxygen. Parasitic organisms that cause a pathological condition are divided into three main groups:
- The simplest.The group includes a large number of creatures, but common: lamblia, Trichomonas, toxoplasmosis.
- Ectoparasites.Live on the surface of the human body: lice, ticks.
- Worms.The group includes such parasitic creatures: roundworms, pinworms, echinococcus, opisthorchis and many others.
According to distribution location
There are parasites:
- Found everywhere (ubiquitous).
- Found in a specific climatic zone (tropical).
How they appear in the body
- Geohelminthiasis.The group includes helminths that live in the human body. Gradually, for later life, they move into a non-living environment.
- Biohelminthiasis.The peculiarity of the group lies in the fact that the worm develops outside the human body, but a person is the ultimate host of the parasitic individual.
- Contact helminthiases.They develop in the human body, are secreted by mature individuals, infecting other people.
By concentration in the body
- Skylights.Cavity parasitic worms live in the intestine or other luminal organ.
- Fabric.This group includes parasitic creatures that live on the human body.
By localization on the body
- External parasitic individuals (ticks, lice).
- Internal Helminths:
- roundworms (pinworms, roundworms);
- flukes (opisthorchis, schistosomes);
- tapeworms (tapeworms, tapeworm);
- Bacteria that provoke bacteriosis.
- The simplest parasites.
Parasites in children and adults and natural defenses
Parasitic infestations are more common in a child's body than in an adult. Localization of parasites in a child's body is especially dangerous. It is difficult to identify parasites at the initial stage. Children's immune defenses are severely weakened. Weak immunity increases the rate of development of helminths, developing parasitic diseases. The amount of waste products increases, causing intoxication.
The defense of an adult organism from parasites is stronger. The first barrier to neutralizing them is enzymes that are found in the oral cavity in adults. The next test is stomach acid. And intestinal immunity is able to completely destroy any parasites in the body. It is these forms of protection that are not enough for a sick person and a baby.
Symptoms of the presence of parasites in the human body
What signs of parasites in the body should be paid attention to? Symptoms of the presence of parasites in the body are closely related to the place of their localization, differ in variability. But the processes of their influence are always the same and interconnected:
- toxic effect;
- allergic reaction;
- protein-energy deficiency;
- vitamin deficiency;
- decreased immunity.
Parasitic diseases caused by parasitic worms go through several phases of development. The nature of the stage depends on the first signs of parasites in the body:
- Sharp.It is characterized by general intoxication, as a result, allergies. The allergic reaction is more pronounced in children. The following symptoms also join:
- increased body temperature;
- muscle pain;
- enlarged lymph nodes;
- digestive disorders;
- inflammatory processes in the respiratory tract;
- weight loss;
- damage to the nervous system (depression, irritability).
- Chronic(associated with organ damage). Diseases from parasites become chronic and are characterized by organ dysfunction:
- Damage to the intestines leads to intestinal obstruction, colitis.
- Signs of hepatitis, cholecystitis prevail when localized in the biliary tract (often the concepts of heartburn and parasites become inseparable).
- There are parasitic worms such as trichinosis, which can affect the cardiovascular system.
A person's appearance is the main indicator of a violation of the correct functioning of internal organs.
What is the effect on the human body?
Parasitic invasion in the human body is the cause of disorders of vital functions and deterioration of health. The risk group includes babies and the elderly. The amount, the place of their concentration, the period of time from the moment of infection and the general condition of the patient affects what kind of harm will be caused to a person.
Having small suction cups on their bodies, parasites in a person can attach themselves to the walls of any organ. This leads to tissue damage. In addition, pathogens actively grow, multiply and gather in a group, forming a whole lump. This leads to the formation of obstruction in the organ. When the parasitic creatures are large, this situation is doubly dangerous.
Once in human organs, worms reduce the protective function of human immunity. They feed on vitamins and nutrients that are essential for human health. Finding themselves in a favorable environment for their existence, they increase in size and quantity. They need more and more vitamins and nutrients for life. A person loses weight, during the examination, vitamin deficiency can be detected.
Toxic damage from parasites
Parasitic creatures not only live in organs, but also secrete waste products. These are dangerous poisons that poison the body. Organismic parasites can disrupt the regulation of protein metabolism. And this substance is an important structural component of cells and tissues. Traces of parasites in humans are immediately manifested by allergic reactions, a decrease in immune defense and nervous breakdowns.
The known diagnostic method - stool analysis - is ineffective. Worm eggs are looked out under a microscope. It is difficult to find them, since they are postponed after a certain time, not every day. To find out about their presence, feces must be taken for analysis within 3 weeks, several times. This is inconvenient, which is why more advanced diagnostic methods have appeared in modern medicine:
- Immunoassay.The efficiency of the method is about 90%. It is based on the ability of antibodies to change color. With the help of analysis, you can recognize the type, quantity, trace the course of the development of the disease with parasites.
- Hemoscanning.Detection of invasion is carried out by a fairly new method. A blood test is done immediately after a fingerstick sample is taken.
- Computer diagnostics.Exposure to electromagnetic waves helps to identify the presence of worms in organs and possible parasitic diseases.
- MRI of the abdomen.Allows you to identify foci of parasitic localization.
Features of therapy
It is not difficult to understand which doctor treats helminthic infestations. The number of parasitic protozoa and worms is quite large, there are also enough treatment methods and specialists for therapy. Treatment for parasites is carried out by therapists, parasitologists. The fight against worms includes a set of measures, carried out according to the scheme, taking into account the individual factors of the patient. What drugs are used more often, and for what types of parasites?
First, the body needs to be prepared for treatment against parasites. Special agents bind all harmful secretions of parasitic organisms and remove them naturally. Then they start antiparasitic therapy. As a rule, every medicine in the public domain is offered at a pharmacy. Medicines are more often produced in tablet form, but there are suspensions, creams, suppositories.
It is not recommended to treat yourself. The drug is selected by a specialist, based on the test results and other factors.
After a course of drug treatment, the patient must undergo repeated tests.
Folk remedy therapy
Treatment of parasites with drugs is toxic. A safe way to deal with invasions at home is treatment with folk remedies. You can recover at home with the help of:
- Pumpkin seeds, honey and jam. The agent is taken on an empty stomach, in small portions.
- Onions and boiled water. Insist 10 hours, drink 100 ml for 4 days.
- Horseradish and garlic. In equal quantities, the plants are poured with vodka, insisted for 10 days. Drink 1 tbsp. l per day.
How to avoid infection?
Fighting parasites is difficult. Treatment against parasites does not always work the first time. Observance of elementary rules will help to avoid infection with parasites, prevent all diseases:
- Obligatory hand washing before eating, after going to the toilet.
- Thorough processing of fish and meat.
- Compliance with the rules of personal hygiene (especially among girls).
It should be understood that it is quite difficult to avoid parasites by being constantly in public places. Therefore, once a year, not forgetting about every rule of hygiene, it is important to drink an antiparasitic drug for prevention purposes. Only a specialist can appoint it. Remember, self-medication is dangerous. It can turn prevention into a big problem.