Various parasites can inhabit the body of an adult or a child. Once inside, they begin their vital activity, changing the work of internal organs or entire systems, due to which immunity suffers greatly. You can fight them with the help of special anthelmintic drugs. What kind of remedy for parasites to choose and how to apply it will help an infectious disease parasitologist.
Varieties in composition
All antiparasitic drugs can be divided into several groups.
- For parasites, medications based on synthetic components can be prescribed for humans. It is possible to drive out helminths after taking 2-3 tablets. But all drugs are highly toxic, and if the exact dosage is not observed, the risk of side effects increases.
- Herbal medicines. In addition to anthelmintic action, they stimulate the body's defenses and cleanse the intestines of toxins. The treatment turns out to be harmless, all active ingredients are removed to the outside.
- Homeopathic medicines against parasites. Treatment with such medications is not harmful, but deliverance can be delayed. The entire course lasts several months, so you will have to wait a long time for the result.
- Medicine approves antiparasitic drugs based on folk recipes. Medicinal formulations are able to cleanse the body, ideal as a prophylaxis. You can not use it yourself in the acute course of the disease - the condition may worsen, complications appear. Applied only as an adjunct therapy.
Some medications can be active in adults, so the course of medication is repeated two weeks later. During this time, larvae emerge from the eggs, which develop into an adult organism. There are universal drugs that act at any phase of helminth development.
Antiparasitic drugs for humans are produced separately, which are able to get rid of one or more of their types. Broad-spectrum drugs can get rid of all parasites.
Division into groups
An examination by a doctor will help identify the causative agent of the disease and prescribe effective drugs. How to cleanse the body of parasites depends largely on the species identified. The human body can be inhabited by three types of parasites - roundworms (nematodes), flat worms (trematodes) and tapeworms (cestodes).
The following best antiparasitic remedies help with roundworms.
- Effective medicine albendazole. Available in the form of tablets and suspensions, it acts at any stage of development of parasites that live in the intestines and internal organs. The transport of glucose is disrupted, the supply of nutrients to the parasitic organism stops, and its death occurs. The drug can be prescribed in courses with a two-week break.
Antiparasitic agents for trematodes.
- You can remove parasites from the human body with the help of a medicinal extract of belladonna with ichthyol. Leads to neuromuscular paralysis of helminths, to the destruction of their shell and disruption of metabolic processes. This is a broad-spectrum drug for humans, but most often it is prescribed for rare pathogens of trematodosis.
- Hydrotalcite. Causes paralysis of helminths. It is taken after meals with a little water. If the drug is prescribed to drink several times a day, then the interval should be at least 5 hours.
Preparations for parasites in the human body, belonging to the group of cestodes.
- Mepacrine. Before use, a diet is prescribed for people, laxatives are required. It is enough to take one dose for a positive effect to appear.
- The antiparasitic agent Albendazole negatively affects the metabolic processes inside the parasites, disrupts the absorption of glucose. The tablets are taken after meals, no diet or laxatives are required.
- Niclosamide. The pharmaceutical drug reduces the resistance of parasites to digestive enzymes, and they begin to be digested with food. Neuromuscular paralysis occurs, helminths lose their ability to move and attach to the walls of the mucous membrane.
Herbal preparations are very popular. One of these is Riol, which cleans the body of parasites. In addition, the agent removes toxins formed as a result of their vital activity, normalizes the intestinal microflora and restores reduced immunity.
One cure for all
The most popular are agents for parasites in the human body, which are active against many types of helminths.
Consider a broad spectrum of drugs included in the list of the most popular and effective.
- You can remove parasites using the Karbendacim tool. The parasites' nervous system is blocked, and they freely release the human body. Calculation - 10 ml per 1 kg of human body weight, you need to take after meals.
- The best remedy is Levamisole: an antihelminthic, immunomodulatory agent that paralyzes the muscular system. One pill intake is enough to expel parasites from the body.
- Mebendazole is the best remedy for parasites, as it copes with many helminths in the body. It interferes with the absorption of glucose and they no longer receive the nutrients they need for development. Usually 1 tablet is prescribed and reapplied after 2 weeks.
- Niclosamide. This broad-spectrum parasite medication is available in tablets. The active substance paralyzes the neuromuscular system, and the helminths come out along with the feces.
- The effective remedy Pirantel affects all stages of parasite development, except for larvae, so the course of treatment is repeated after 2 or 3 weeks.
Parasites can settle not only in the internal organs of a person, but also outside - for example, under the skin. How to get the disease out in this case? It is advisable to treat with ointments, sprays, creams, gels.
- Sulfuric ointment. When applied to the skin, it has an antiparasitic effect, is not absorbed into the general bloodstream, and kills microbes and fungi.
- Benzyl benzoate is used to remove parasites - the drug not only has an antiparasitic effect, but also stops the multiplication of bacteria. Apply to the affected area with a thin layer.
For parasites in the human body, medications can also be prescribed as a prophylaxis - especially for those who have pets, as well as children attending kindergarten and school.
Antiparasitic agents often have negative effects on the body. Most often, the brain, liver, kidneys, intestines, nervous system are affected, therefore it is important to observe the dosage and take into account the age and body weight of a person.
To reduce the risk of side effects during the recovery period, it is better to accompany treatment with adsorbents (they are prescribed to cleanse the body of toxins), enzyme preparations (improve the functioning of the digestive system), vitamin-mineral complexes, immunostimulating drugs.
The most common side effects that occur as a result of taking antiparasitic drugs are:
- allergic manifestations in the form of rash, cough, edema;
- abdominal pain;
- nausea and vomiting;
- the appearance of loose stools;
- heart rhythm disturbances;
If the dosage is not observed, then the person develops hepatitis, cirrhosis of the liver, the processes of hematopoiesis and the work of the urinary system are disrupted.
Often, medicines for parasites are contraindicated in women during pregnancy and breastfeeding. They are used with extreme caution in childhood. Piperazine is considered the safest medicine. The drug is approved for use from one year, but the active ingredient can only relieve roundworms and pinworms.
One-celled protozoa (Toxoplasma, Giardia, Trichomonas) can also live in the human body. In the fight against them, the medication Metronidazole helps. The active ingredients are capable of killing not only parasites, but also microbes. It must be taken for at least 5 days.
Observing the recommendations of a specialist, you can quickly and easily get rid of unwanted residents.