Parasites in the human body can cause serious harm to human health. But you can defeat them. The main thing in this matter is timely detection and correct treatment.
Parasites in the human body: health hazards
In most cases, people are unaware that they have parasites in their bodies. Moreover, the parasite chooses not only the intestines as a habitat, but also other internal organs - the liver, gallbladder, etc. Helminthic invasion is asymptomatic until a certain time, without causing any particular inconvenience. But, despite this, it should be understood that infection with worms or helminths can cause serious disorders of the nervous and digestive systems, skin and allergic diseases, as well as provoke a deterioration in metabolic processes and premature aging of the body. According to some scientists, the presence of helminths inhibits the treatment of many diseases.
Parasite eggs enter the human body through dirty hands, unwashed vegetables and fruits, contaminated fish and meat, dirty water, blood-sucking insects, as well as through contact with soil. In order to prevent the appearance of parasites in the body, you need to pay special attention to precautionary measures in dealing with pets - cats and dogs.
Signs of a parasite infection
In most cases, helminthiasis, that is, infection of the body with a parasite, is characterized by the appearance of problems in the activity of the digestive system, general weakness, and nervousness. But similar signs can indicate other illnesses. By the way, the night squeaking of teeth, which can also be attributed to the symptoms of infection with worms, sometimes occurs due to an incorrectly formed bite, otorhinolaryngological diseases or nervous disorders. And a sharp decrease in weight in a patient infected with worms is observed already in an advanced stage. The danger of helminths lies in the fact that they have the ability to camouflage well. And yet, you should know what symptoms appear that indicate infection with this or that type of worms.
Signs of Ascaris:
- significant temperature rise;
- dry or wet cough;
- rashes on the skin;
- sleep disturbances and teeth grinding;
- the appearance of sharp pain in the right side;
- decreased appetite;
- stool problems.
Signs of pinworms:
- itching sensations in the anus;
- loss of appetite;
- dryness in the mouth;
- frequent urge to go to the toilet, sometimes false;
- sleep disorders;
- the presence of cracks in the anus;
- urinary incontinence at night.
At the slightest suspicion that parasites have appeared in the body, you should immediately seek help from a specialist who will conduct the necessary tests and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Remedy for parasites: diagnosis and treatment with drugs
Any parasites are not able to exist independently and feed on the resources of their "host". Therefore, if the results of the tests performed indicate that a parasite has settled inside the body, you should not delay a visit to the hospital. The treatment process is not easy, so it is better to carry it out under the supervision of a specialist. A self-prepared remedy for parasites such as a tincture or an enema will not give a positive result. A competent and qualified approach will prevent the transition of helminthiasis to the stage of chronic disease.
Before starting drug treatment, the doctor suggests that the patient donate feces, urine, blood and sputum for laboratory tests. In addition, he will be prescribed procedures such as ultrasound, tomography, endoscopy, and enzyme immunoassay. If worms are found in the body, the content of eosinophils in the blood increases, and eggs of worms appear in the feces. After examining the test results, the doctor determines what type of parasites the body is infected with. In order to get rid of each of them, a separate treatment is prescribed. Usually, in such cases, the doctor prescribes a complex therapy, including the reception:
- anthelmintic drugs against parasites, aimed at fighting a certain type of parasite;
- enzymes, hepatoprotectors, vitamins and drugs that increase the body's defenses;
- drugs that improve intestinal motility, as well as the process of bile secretion.
For maximum effectiveness, the doctor may recommend a stepwise treatment:
- The first stage involves adherence to a special diet and the beginning of taking medications to cleanse the gastrointestinal tract and improve the functioning of the gallbladder.
- The next step is direct therapy, which consists of taking medication prescribed by a doctor.
- And the final stage is the removal of the destroyed worms from the body.
After all parasites in the body are destroyed and removed, it may be necessary to restore weakened vital functions and strengthen immunity. Activated carbon or enterosgel can be used to remove toxins. And to increase the immunity weakened by the fight against disease, immunomodulators are prescribed. Treatment of helminthiasis is cyclical, and a re-examination should be done only after one and a half to two months.
Used in alternative medicine recipes, such a remedy for parasites as onion and garlic can serve as a good help in the fight against worms, but only as a means of increasing human immunity.
Measures for the prevention of helminthiasis
To prevent the possibility of infection with helminthiasis, you need to follow certain preventive measures:
- do not drink water from natural reservoirs and springs; without fail to wash vegetables and fruits before eating;
- when purchasing raw meat, you should make sure that it has a veterinary stamp;
- fish and meat should undergo prolonged heat treatment;
- wash hands well before every meal and after contact with pets and the ground;
- keep the home in order and adhere to the rules of personal hygiene.
Limit or exclude swimming in bodies of stagnant water.
Organize prevention of parasites in the body for pets.